Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This is a featured article.|
Torvus Bog is a semi-industrialised wetland area found on the planet Aether. It is the result of an ocean flooding Torvus Forest, due to the cataclysmic Phazon Meteor impact that ravaged the planet decades ago. Torvus Bog is home to many aquatic and reptilian animals, among them the Alpha Blogg. Its Dark Aether counterpart is Dark Torvus.
It has an upper and a lower area. The upper area is mostly what remains of the forest, while the lower areas are a completely flooded industrial area.
The indigenous creatures of Torvus Bog include the Blogg and their offspring, Blogglings; Alpha Bloggs, Hydling, Krocuss, Sporb, Brizgee, Preed (probably brought there by Space Pirates) and Grenchlers.
Areas and main roomsEdit
The most notable characteristic of the Torvus Bog is its clear division in two main areas, the upper swamp and the lower industrial sector.
Bog area (surface level)Edit
Ths Bog Area offers a modified environment, though not as the extent of the lower sections. The water floods places that were in the past pathways, and there are even submerged doors. The region itself seemed to perfectly adapt to its new swamp state, but it is impossible to know how long the region has been exposed to the waters, making it difficult to understand the evolution of the flora and fauna. It is a rainy environment, a fact that helps us understand the lasting of the floods.
A region of important Luminoth activity in the past, the metal structures scattered through the region lead to speculation of a probable use of the zone for the acquiring of nourishment, or a less probable possibility of ore extraction.
After the energy has been restored to the temple, it stops raining in this area, and the weather clears up, due to the fact that the Light of Aether also controls the weather on this planet.
This area is completely submerged with water. It is a heavily industrialized area. In fact, it hasn't any "natural" environment. It has many of the water creatures in Aether, like the Bloggs.
- The word 'Torvus' is Latin for 'fierce'.
- The music in the lower area of Torvus Bog is an arrangement of the Red Brinstar music from Super Metroid.
- It is likely that the subterranean area has always been submerged, because of some of the names of the rooms, the fauna found there and the Gravity Boost.
- The elevator from the Agon Wastes to the Torvus Bog is below the bog's Temple, is an elevator. However, the two ends of the elevator are on opposite sides of the planet, yet there is scarcely a difference in elevation.
- The color code of the Bog is emerald.
- Restoring energy to the Torvus Energy Controller will render the swamp sunlit rather than its usual cloudy and rainy skies.
|Areas of Aether|
|Temple Grounds | Agon Wastes | Torvus Bog | Sanctuary Fortress | Great Temple|
|Areas of Dark Aether|
|Sky Temple Grounds | Dark Agon Wastes | Dark Torvus Bog | Ing Hive | Sky Temple|