The Berserker Lord, the bomb component, and Samus
|Game||Metroid Prime 3: Corruption|
|Notable features||Abyss, cradle arms, First Bomb Component|
|Significance||Location of the First Bomb Component, Berserker Lord fight path to Ship Grapple|
|Enemies/wildlife||Pirate Trooper, Berserker Lord|
Turbine Chamber is a room in Eastern SkyTown on Elysia, appearing in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. This room is the site of Samus's second battle against a Berserker Lord, and is also where she obtains the first component for the Theronian Bomb.
This room seems to function largely as storage for the first Theronian bomb component. On the room's lower level, two cradle arms hold the component in place. On the upper level, a complex locking mechanism holds the platform that covers most of the component in place. A turbine (likely for cooling of the Bomb component) is running at the very bottom of the room, and is rapidly circulating air throughout the room.
- Broken Lift (On upper and lower levels, both via Blue Door)
- Maintenance Shaft TR (via Blue Door)
- Turbine Access (via Blue Door)
- First Bomb Component
- Arrive in the top part of the room from Broken Lift's upper path. Then defeat the Berserker Lord and activate the Spinners. Then use the Ship Grapple on the component.
- In the original version of Corruption, during the battle with the Berserker Lord, Samus could use the Spinners to try to unlock the bomb component, but the pirate could bring them down again with its shockwave attack. However, doing this may cause visual glitches with the spinners after the fight. This is fixed in the PAL and Trilogy versions, there, the spinners cannot be used until the battle is over.