|“||The dead should serve the living, not hinder them.||„|
|Featured in||Metroid Prime|
|Known locales||Hallowed Chozo grounds: Hall of the Elders|
|Known worlds||Tallon IV|
|Behavior||Driven to violent insanity by Phazon corruption|
|Distinctions||Bright white with a blue glow|
|Attacks||White energy bombs|
|Weakness(es)||Only vulnerable to the Power Beam and the Super Missile.|
Chozo Ghosts are Chozo spirits driven insane by the corruption of Phazon. They stalk the Chozo Ruins and can be found haunting culturally significant rooms and the Life Grove in Tallon Overworld. The Phazon corruption has also removed their nonviolent inhibitions along with their sanity, causing them to lash out at even Samus Aran, who would otherwise be an ally.
They are difficult to defeat without the X-Ray Visor due to their ability to turn invisible unless attacking. In addition, they are invulnerable to all weapons except Power Beam-derived weaponry. Their charged attacks will leave Samus vulnerable for a short time, as it causes her Power Suit to temporarily short-circuit. When charging they are highly vulnerable to Super Missiles.
They are located in the following rooms:
- Hall of the Elders
- Sunchamber (Upon return, after the defeat of Flaahgra.)
- Training Chamber (Chozo Ruins) (After defeat, they do not return.)
- Ruined Shrine (Chozo Ruins)
- Life Grove
Thirteen Chozo Ghosts also appear after the defeat of Meta Ridley, although these ghosts appear to be non-violent and open the gateway to the Impact Crater for Samus. These apparently have been uncorrupted by Phazon, perhaps due to the power of the totems they were inhabiting.
"As these entities phase in and out of existence, the only way to track them accurately is with X-ray scanning. Their aggressive and erratic behaviour is most likely due to the corrupting effects of Phazon in the Tallon IV environment. They appear to be drawn to Chozo shrines or temples, where they wreak havoc upon anything that dares to enter the area.
- The music heard when fighting these ghosts is used in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption as the Phazon Metroid battle theme. Interestingly, this is also used as the Metroid battle theme in Prime, as well as Elite Pirates.
- Large Chozo Ghosts briefly appear before Meta Ridley's arrival in Metroid Prime Pinball, and wear stylized attire.
- The Ruins Test of Metroid: Zero Mission appears to be some type of Chozo Ghost.
- The Dark Pirate Commandos can also phase out of local timespace; the manner in which they do is identical to the Chozo Ghosts.
- "Chozo Ghost" is listed in data in the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc.
- Shortly after appearing, Chozo Ghosts are invulnerable to Super Missiles. When Samus fires one at them, it will be deflected, but home in on the ghost until it hits it or an obstacle.
- Sometimes during a battle, Chozo Ghosts will crouch and claw in the ground, then stand up and wave with both hands, as if they were throwing dust in the air.
- Whenever Chozo Ghosts are encountered, the room becomes dark, regardless of if it is an outdoor room or indoor room, and becomes slightly hazy.
|Species|| Alimbic • Boost Guardian • Chozo (Ghost) • Dark Pirate Commando • Darkling • Darkling Tentacle • Gorea • Ing (Hunter, Emperor, Warrior) • Ingsphere Cache • Kralee • Leviathan • Luminoth |
Metroid Prime (Core essence) • Phantoon • Warp Hound • Phazon Metroid
|Gateways||Alimbic Cannon • Artifact Temple • Interdimensional void • Portal • Stronghold Portal • Wormhole|
|Alternate Dimensions||Dark Aether • Infinity Void • The Locker • Oubliette • Stronghold Void|
|Other||Black fog • Dark Visor • Darkburst|