Undertemple Shaft is a room in the Dark Torvus Bog in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. A large metal section in the middle of the room features a Bomb Slot that is used to rotate the section to attach to any of three ledges. This is the method used to cross a chasm before the Grapple Beam is retrieved. A Luminoth body also exists in the chamber having died 1.86 decacyles ago due to exposure to heavy amounts of Nohadin gas, presumably from a Dark Preed.
- Crypt Tunnel (via white hatch)
- Sacrificial Chamber Tunnel (via Blue Door)
- Save Station 2 (via Red Blast Shield)
- Undertemple Access (via Yellow Hatch)
- 2 Hunter Ing
- "Morphology: Hunter Ing
- Elite warriors of the Ing Horde
- Phasing shapeshifter. Deadly in close combat. Dislikes bright light."
- 2 Dark Preed
- "Morphology: Dark Preed
Darkling-possessed gas-filled cyborg.
Darkling enhances target's durability. Destruction of outer body will release a highly toxic cloud."
- Dead Luminoth
- "Bioscan complete.
- Luminoth subject expired 1.86 decacycles ago.
- Target Luminoth was exposed to heavy amounts of Nohadin Gas. This is the likely cause of death."
- Light Beacon
- "Xenotech: Luminoth Light Beacon
Generates protective field when energized.
Light Beacons must be energized by Beam weapon fire to function, and remain charged for a limited time."
- Light Crystal
- "Xenotech: Luminoth Light Crystal
Generates protective field of light energy.
Light Crystals provide protection from Dark Aether's atmosphere. They can be nullified by dark energy and supercharged by light energy."
- Bomb Slot
- "Device: Bomb Slot
Powered system control unit.
Insert the Morph Ball into the slot then detonate a Bomb.
This will transfer energy from the slot to the device connected to it."
- Morph Ball Door
- "Structural analysis complete.
- Exit point for Central Flow Chamber. Exit is one way only; unable to access from this area."
- Grapple Point (before obtaining Grapple Beam)
- "Object scan complete.
- Analysis indicates a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
- Grapple Beam module missing. Unable to attach to grapple at this time."
- Grapple Point
- "System: Grapple Point
Unit is a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
To use the Grapple Beam, use L when the icon appears."
- * Kinetic Orb Cannon hologram
- "Enter hologram in Morph Ball mode to fire Cannon."
* Note: text is centered-aligned in scan, unlike the others which are left-aligned.