Hello, I'm just another random metroid fan and i think i can help wikitroid with making the best metroid reference ever, and in the long run, expand my own knowledge of Metroid and to make sure Metroid lives on forever :).
Me and MetroidEdit
As of the end of August 2010, I have officially been a Metroid fan for about one year. I knew for a long time that Metroid existed, but I haden't looked into it until about July of 2009. When I heard the Metroid Prime Trilogy was coming out August 24th 2009, I thought it would be the perfect time to catch up. I couldn't get the 24th but did get it the 28th and started playing it. I INSTANTLY FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. I loved the gameplay, Metroid Prime Trilogy's story, and Samus' story. This made me want to try the other games. I very quickly got Metroid Prime Hunters; I quickly fell in love with that to, especially the multiplayer (tell me if you ever want to play, i'd love to). Then i decided to see what the 2D Metroid games where all about. I bought the original Metroid and Super Metroid on the wii shop channel. Metroid, although it is super hard and i still haven't beaten it yet, is still pretty cool, especially when you consider it for its time. I do love Super Metroid, it has pretty indepth gameplay and sequence breaking that I really love. Then I got good deals on ebay for Metroid 2, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission. Metroid 2 and Metroid Fusion came in the mail the same day, while a few days later came Metroid Zero Mission. I loved Metroid 2 because I loved killing Metroids (duh, thats what Metroid is all about :D). I loved Metroid Fusion for it's story, and I loved Metroid Zero Mission for its gameplay and graphics (which I must say has some of the best graphics i've ever seen on a gameboy advance game). As of this point, I had gotten every Metroid game before cristmas of 2009, with the exception of two demos and Metroid Prime Pinball (insanly cool right). I was playing these games for a while, but somtimes couldn't help but think that I owed the Metroid community somthing, and somthing more than just my liking for the Series. Then somthing wonderful happened. I had found this totally epic website. It's called Wikitroid. I had thought why not put my love for Metroid to good, constructive use, to inform people about this seires, because everyone deserves the chance to experience Metroid and come to know and love it as I did. After this time however, I haden't gotten any new Metroid games I a long while, with nothing new at all until my birthday on August 20th 2010, then at long last I got the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc (along with the players choice gamecube version of Metroid Prime 1), Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt and Metroid Prime Pinball. Then I got Metroid: Other M comes the day it came out, Augest 31st 2010. I now own one copy of every Metroid game to date (along with the random seconed copy of Prime 1 I metioned earlier :). Now, I am in my third year of liking Metorid. I will admit that during my second year of liking Metroid, I have been kind of slacking in Metroid. But this is a new year, and I'm determined to make it the best year of Metroid I have had yet. My goals to acomplish this year include.
- Find a way I can get 15 friend vouchers from someone who owns the Trilogy (SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME)
- Own everyone I encounter on MPH wifi play
- Create even more articles for Wikitroid so we can catch up with Halopedia (WE MUST DEFEAT THEM)
If you own MPH, I would love to have a match sometime. I'm always looking for worthy opponents, you will bow before my power, OVER 9000 (just kidding, i'm only rank 2 :D). My code is:
I like to play as Noxus most of the time. WARNING, I might use shadow freezing alot, so be prepared.
my name is artilrypuf.......... Don't ask where it came from.
When I first came to Wikitroid, I was suprised at the lack of articles for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption rooms (even though the game had been out about 2 1/2 years). I helped make a lot of them and finally finished. Now I have plans to expand Wikitroid as much as I can with new articles. But, with school (yes I just said that word) I don't know how often I can do edits. Probably not as often as I would like, but oh well. I am not always the best at using the editor or at grammar, so forgive me if I mess up anything.
More recently, I have planned to replay the prime trilogy and hunters to try and find things in them that we may not have articles for.
- Play through Hunters (started, at the beginning)
- Play through Prime 1 (not started)
- Play through Prime 2 (not started)
- Play through Prime 3 (not started)
This next section is kind of just for me.
WOW! There sure is a lot to do around here, I mean really, this could take a lifetime XD.
I have decided to do somthing recently, somthing I think will really benefit Wikitroid in terms of expansion.
I am creating this section so I can list things that we need articles for. With permission from RoyboyX, I will be placing red links to these things even though this is just a user page. If you (more specificely, an Admin) have any question about these red links, ask me on my talk page and I will further explain my reasoning for placing such links on my user page. If an Admin has any problems with these red links being on a user page, ill be glad to talk to them about the situation. Thank you.
Heres the list of red links, I will add more to this overtime. Also note these will be links to things in the Metroid Prime series Only, at least for now. The things in this list are also ordered according to the most linear path that someone could follow while playing the game. These names are also just ideas for new articles, if somthing does not need its own page, I will remove it from this list without giving it its own article.
UPDATE: I cannot play Hunters until further notice due to my nonfunctioning L button, so I will start on Prime 1 instead.
In Metroid Prime Hunters, in the Celestial Archives:
none at this time.
In Metroid Prime Hunters, on Alinos:
none at this time.
In Metroid Prime Hunters, in the Vesper Defense Outpost:
none at this time.
In Metroid Prime Hunters, on Arcterra:
none at this time.
In Metroid Prime Hunters, in the Oubliette:
none at this time.
Metroid games I ownEdit
These are the Metroid games i own:
- Metroid (from wii shop channel)
- Metroid 2
- Super Metroid (from wii shop channel)
- Metroid Fusion
- Metroid Prime (players choice gamecube version and trilogy version)
- Metroid Zero Mission
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (trilogy version)
- Metroid Prime Hunters
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (trilogy version)
- Metroid Prime Pinball
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bounus Disk
- Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt
- Metroid Other M
In other words, I own ALL of them, because I'm just that into Metroid :P
Other games I ownEdit
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (for wii)
- The Conduit (for wii)
- Conduit 2 (for wii)
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 (for pc)
- Spore Galactic Adventures (for pc)
- Team Fortress 2 (for pc)
- Transformers War For Cybertron (for pc)
- Minecraft (for pc and with a metroid mod called Minetroid)
Metroid game reviewsEdit
Now I will tell you my opinions about all of the Metroid games.
- Original NES Metroid (Rating: 8.5/ 10)
This is a very good start for the Metroid series, especially when you consider it for its time. It is however, brutely hard and has no map or saving (just passwords). I have FINALLY beat it after a very long time, no napras sword or anything like that. I like a good challenge, but this was ridiculous. I beat Echoes and Corruption on hypermode and Other M on hard before I beat this game even ONCE.
- Metroid 2 (Rating: 9/10)
I love the idea of killing every Metroid on the planet (I always thought it was funny that the whole planet only has 47 Metroids and not like 6,000,000,000, I mean really it's a huge planet where talking about here). I love that the saving feature is here. I just wish It had a map.
- Super Metroid (Rating: 9/10)
I thought this game was epic in alot of ways. It has a map and saving. It has a ton of sequence breaking and challenging boss fights. It has gameplay things like the grappling beam mechanics and the idea of reserve energy and turning items on and off that makes the gameplay pretty indepth. It also has very good graphics when you consider for it's time. I don't have much of anything I don't like about this game.
- Metroid Fusion (Rating: 9.5/ 10)
The story and gameplay are both awsome. The S.A.-X was awsome as well. Lots of people claim that it's hyper linear; I beg to differ. As long as you remember that if you want to explore some, just don't step into the sector you have to go to next. This will let you explore other sectors and collects missile tanks, energy tanks, and power bomb tanks. I have next to no complaints about this game.
- Metroid Zero Mission (Rating: 10/10)
This is truly my favorite 2D Metroid game. So nonlinear and has cool sequence breaks. I've lost count as to how many times I played through it. This also has some of the best graphics I have ever seen on a gameboy advance game. I have no complaints about this game.
- Metroid Prime (Rating: 10/10)
O my goodness, best Metroid game ever! Graphics, gameplay, the various creatures, the power-ups, the everything is so amazing I almost can't put it in words. This is my all time favorite Metroid game and truly one of the best games I have ever played in my whole life. This was what really got me into Metroid, since this was also the first Metroid game I had ever played (more specificlly, the trilogy version).
- Metroid Prime 2 (Rating: 9.8/10)
This game was nearly just as good as the first. This game is a lot of times is under rated because of the dark world sections, but I think this adds so much atmosphere, eerie atmosphere into the game. The game was also rated lower than the first Prime because it was so hard. But as for me, I like hard, so I was right at home with this game. I also personally thought the Multiplayer was fun to play. My only complant is that the trilogy version of the mutliplayer really needed wi-fi.
- Metroid Prime 3 (Rating: 9.9/10)
This game offers so many cool upgrades and abilitys to Samus' arsenal. Controling your Gunship is a blast, especially once you get the Ship Missiles (pun intended). The only thing I thought could be improved was how you use Missiles in the game. I wish there where Charge Combos or somthing that gives you a chance to use your Missiles, since there are a lot of them to collect. It kind of makes collecting Missiles sometimes a little on the pointless side in my opinion. Other than that, this game is epic. Hypermode owns all!
- Metroid Prime Pinball (Rating: 8/10)
Ha ha, what a funny concept for a Metroid game. Of course it obviusly was not intended to be a true Metroid game, just pinball with random Metroid stuff thrown in there. The Metroid stuff is nicely integrated with the pinball game itself. I wonder if Samus ever gets dizzy from being hit by the flippers so much :D.
- Metroid Prime Hunters (Rating: 10/10)
Adventure mode is a little repetitive, but still very fun. I love reading all the logbook entrys on Alimbic history and about the creatures in the game. What I love the most is the multiplayer. From a setup similar to super smash bros (in that there are many characters and stages), to wifi play, to advanced record keeping, everything about it is so amazing, just like Zoomers.
- Metroid Other M (Rating: 10/10)
- Gasp, Gasp, Gasp* This has got to be as good, if not better than Metroid Prime 1. The cutscenes are absolutly beautiful, there are tough boss fights, and highly explosive action. This is truly my definition of a good game. Do yourself (and me) a favor and don't pass this up if you have a Wii.
Spore Galactic AdventuresEdit
I also own Spore Galactic Adventures (a simulation type game made by Maxis) and have lots of Metroid creatures and even a few Metroid missions (and some that i'm working on now).
My spore name is:
thefurbyslayer (I can't stand furbys)
I don't have anything posted yet, but I will in the future. I am working on a Metroid fan game along with another friend who own Spore G.A. Check out my blog for more info.
Pure randomness Edit
Totally useless facts that you will never consider or use for the rest of your life.Edit
2. A pencil can write 50,000 words in it's life time.
3. You are reading my user page.
4. By reading my user page, you have aloud me to brifly mind control you.
5. While I was writing this sentence, I lost The Game (and because you read this, you did to).
6. By the time I was writing useless fact 3, I was running out of ideas XD
8. You probably didn't notice that there was no #1 or #7 in this.
9. This useless fact, right here, is my 400th edit XD.
10. I can HAS anything I want(not really lol).
A list of funny moments i've found in the metroid games.Edit
In Metroid Prime:
1. Who's the Idiot who stored high explosives next to a control tower. Get it right pirates, your just asking for Samus to kill you.
2. When Samus first enters the pirate reasearch lab in Phendrana Drifts, after a patrol drone spots her and sounds an alarm, Samus can be seen randomly aiming at the ground. Samus: "Gasp, I have feet, i've never seen those before." (think about it, the game is in first person so you never see Samus's feet. Why Retro? WHY?).
3. Once again, Samus aims at the ground randomly during a cutscene in the control tower room. Samus: "I'm still in awe that I have feet, until now I thought I was just a random floating arm canon."
4. Why does Thardus explode like a bomb? He's just a pile of rocks XD.
In Metroid Prime 3:
1. When Samus is about to have her biohazard scan on the Olympus, Ghor can be seen in this room just standing in one spot near a door, but he never goes through it. Instead he just stands there and makes weird hand gestrues (for some reason, this makes me think hes talking to the wall). When Samus finishes her biohazard scan and looks where Ghor was, he's gone, with no signs or sounds of him opening the door or anything. Pondering this happening has led me to this conclusion, GHOR'S A NINJA.
2. After the briefing from Admiral Dane and the other hunters leave, Dane gives Samus a quick look and Samus noods her head. For some reason, this makes me think Samus is saying "I'm not leaving until the player take control of me."
In Metroid Fusion:
1. After you get power bombs and start to leave sector 5, there is one part where the S.A.-X appears right behind Samus. Samus must hide behind a pillar (which can be destroyed with a power bomb). There is a Morph Ball tunnel behind the pillar that Samus can open to escape from the S.A.-X. If you let the S.A.-X walk toward the pillar, it will turn around and walk the other way. If you move a certain distance to the left of the pillar while the S.A.-X is walking away from the pillar and lay a power bomb, it will destroy the pillar but will not catch the S.A.-X's attention (if done correctly). (Heres the joke) If you where to watch the S.A.-X when it comes back toward you, it will notice the small hole for the Morph Ball and try to jump into it. The funny part is that it dose not have the Power Grip, but will still try and get through the hole. It will continually jump and keep trying to get through the hole, stupidly.
2. Apparantly there are all kinds of ways in lots of areas where you can "make fun of" the S.A.-X. :D
In Metroid Other M:
1. Adam: "I've located a suvivor in Room MW."
Then why didn't you go save the suvivor, wasn't that the whole point of the mission in the first place.
If you actually understand this and think its funny, you should sign your name here. If you don't i'll have to hire Samus to hunt you down.
Haha Funny funny Wonderwalrus 16:47, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
Favorite youtube videosEdit
Warning: The following consists of INCREDIBLY stupid humor, but you probably could have figured that.
My Favorite Metroid MusicEdit
Umm... So ya... I don't know why I made this section, I just got bored one day. This is a random list of my favorite Metroid music, in order. I hope you enjoy these awsome songs like I do (especially the first one on the list).
The Metroid Fan ClubEdit
Welcome to my Metroid Fan Club, where fans can play, talk, and promote Metroid. Joining is simple, just simply read the following and sign below it.
1. Enjoy Metroid for what it is.
2. Promote Metroid whenever you can. This can help ensure that it stays popular with the gaming audience.
3. Yoshio can't do it alone. Do your part for the series, whether its promoting it, contributing to websites like this one, make fanon, just enjoying it in general, the list go's on. Do your part to ensure the eternal prosperity of Metroid.
Theres no prize or anything for joining, its kind of just to say you like Metroid. You can sign here, like I did.
Whats a fan club without ocassional news? Here I will post cool things that are happening in the world of Metroid, so you will not miss a thing (hopefully).
September 3rd 2010: Metroid: Other M has been released worldwide :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
August 6th 2011: Metroid is 25 years old :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.