Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Super Metroid, Samus' shinespark and missiles travel at the same speed, although the missiles gain a boost in speed after about 1 second. For this reason, I will assume Samus' missiles travel at Mach 1.2, or 411.6 m/s.
In Metroid: Zero Mission, Samus' arm cannon is pointing outward horizontally. She's 1.98 m. I checked the pixels for Samus in MZM, so 1.98 m. is equal to 81 pixels. The bottom of the tip of Samus' arm cannon to the ground is 53 pixels.
- 53 pixels / 81 pixels = 0.6543, or 65.43%
- 1.98 m. * 0.6543 = 1.296 m.
With this in mind, I will use the equation, g = 2(viyt - Δy) / t², where g is gravity, viy is the initial velocity for the y axis, t is time, Δy is change in initial height divided by time squared. Because the initial velocity …Read more >
- Samus Aran is 90 kilograms.
- The Speed Booster allows Samus to run at supersonic speeds. The low-end is Mach 1.2.
- At sea level, the speed of sound travels at 343 m/s.
- 343 m/s * 1.2 = 411.6 m/s.
- Using different formulae, we can learn how many joules Samus would produce, the TNT equivalent, the newtons, and the g-force.
- The equation for kinetic energy is KE = 0.5 mv^2.
- KE = 0.5 * (90 kg.)(411.6 m/s)^2
- KE = 0.5 * (90 kg.)(169,414.56 m^2/s^2)
- KE = 0.5 * 15,247,310.4 kg. m^2/s^2
- KE = 7,623,655.2 J
- 1 gram of TNT is equal to 4,184 J.
- 1 ton of TNT is equal to 4,184,000,000 J.
- Because the amount of joules produced from Samus when she dashes at supersonic speeds is smaller, she won't be producing the equivalent of even 1 ton of TNT.
- If 1 gram of TNT is equal to 4…
Read more >