- Samus Aran is 90 kilograms.
- The Speed Booster allows Samus to run at supersonic speeds. The low-end is Mach 1.2.
- At sea level, the speed of sound travels at 343 m/s.
- 343 m/s * 1.2 = 411.6 m/s.
- Using different formulae, we can learn how many joules Samus would produce, the TNT equivalent, the newtons, and the g-force.
- The equation for kinetic energy is KE = 0.5 mv^2.
- KE = 0.5 * (90 kg.)(411.6 m/s)^2
- KE = 0.5 * (90 kg.)(169,414.56 m^2/s^2)
- KE = 0.5 * 15,247,310.4 kg. m^2/s^2
- KE = 7,623,655.2 J
- 1 gram of TNT is equal to 4,184 J.
- 1 ton of TNT is equal to 4,184,000,000 J.
- Because the amount of joules produced from Samus when she dashes at supersonic speeds is smaller, she won't be producing the equivalent of even 1 ton of TNT.
- If 1 gram of TNT is equal to 4,184 joules, then multiplying that by 1,000 will give us 1 kilogram of TNT, which is equal to 4,184,000 joules.
- 7,623,655.2 joules is greater than 4,184,000 joules. Dividing them will give the amount of TNT.
- 7,623,655.2 / 4,184,000 = 1.8 kilograms of TNT.
- The equation for newtons is N = kg. * m/s^2.
- 1 N is 1 kg. * m/s^2
- N = 90 kg. * 411.6 m/s^2
- N = 37,044
- In both Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission, it takes about 2 seconds for Samus to travel supersonic speeds. I will determine the g-force by means of acceleration.
- a = v1 - v0 / t
- a = 411.6 m/s - 0 m/s / 2 s
- a = 411.6 m/s / 2 s
- a = 205.8 m/s^2
- Earth's gravity is 9.8 m/s^2
- 205.8 m/s^2 / 9.8 m/s^2 = 21 g