|This article is written from the Real Life point of view|
Vs. Ridley (vs. リドリー vs. Ridley ) is the name of Ridley's signature battle music that has been associated with him since Super Metroid and is present in all games except Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Every variation features new notes and sounds, but are always consistent with the original.
List of versionsEdit
- Super Metroid - The original theme, used for Ridley, Draygon and both forms of Torizo. Heard here: . Also used as the escape theme for both Ceres Space Colony and Zebes, albeit with an additional alarm wail added. Heard here: . In Super Metroid: Sound in Action, this theme was originally called Big Boss Confrontation (Ridley, Draygon) (大ボス対決BGM （リドリー，ドレイゴン）) and Escape (脱出). The original battle and countdown versions of the theme are included on the 1996 SNES compilation album Play it Loud! Original Soundtrack Volume 1, offered by Nintendo Power.
- Metroid Fusion - Features a slower paced arrangement for Neo-Ridley and a faster paced version for the escape theme. Heard here:  and here: . One of the unused tracks present in the game is yet another variant on the theme, but in a regular meter. On the Metroid Prime & Fusion Original Soundtracks, the battle theme is called VS. Neo Ridley (VS.ネオリドリー), and the countdown theme is called Station Escape Timer Mission (ステーション脱出タイマーミッション).
- Metroid Prime - The theme was remixed into Vs. Meta Ridley, which was also featured in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Metroid Prime Pinball - Contains a remix of the Meta Ridley theme, heard here: .
- Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt - Contains an arrangement of the Meta Ridley theme as well, despite his absence in the game: 
- Nintendo Land - The minigame Metroid Blast has an orchestrated remix of Vs. Meta Ridley theme. It plays on stages where Miis must fight against Ridley as a boss: .
- Metroid: Samus Returns - Three remixes of Vs. Meta Ridley are used during the Proteus Ridley battle, including one with a similar tempo to VS Neo-Ridley: 
- Metroid: Zero Mission - One remix is used while fighting Ridley  (designated as 15 in the Sound Test), while another is used while fighting the Ridley Robot  (22 in the Sound Test). The former also has the beginning portion repeat twice before conducting with the second half, unlike most versions of the theme.
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Aside from the returning Meta Ridley theme, a new remix is featured for the Omega Ridley battle.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Brawl introduces a metal remix of the original Ridley theme to the Super Smash Bros. series, heard here: . This theme is played on Frigate Orpheon as well as an Event Match on Norfair. It also was played for both Ridley boss fights (regular and Meta Ridley) in Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. The metal remix was arranged by Yusuke Takahama from Sega.
- Metroid: Other M - An orchestrated version of the theme, titled Nemesis Ridley or Theme of Ridley, was first heard in the Action Story trailer released on July 27, 2010. It also plays during the battle with Ridley and when Samus escapes from Sector Zero and the BOTTLE SHIP, and on the Geothermal Power Plant stage in Dead or Alive: Dimensions. 
- PLAY! A Video Game Symphony - The melody of Vs. Ridley is briefly heard during the arrangement of Mother Brain in the Metroid medley.
- Jam With the Band - In the instrument trivia, Vs. Ridley is played to demonstrate the synth bass.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - The Brawl theme and Vs. Meta Ridley return, in addition to the unaltered Nemesis Ridley. All three remixes play on Pyrosphere.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - A new, faster-paced metal remix of Vs. Ridley is heard during Ridley's character video, and will likely make its debut in the released game.  The Brawl and Other M versions return as well, now available on any Metroid stage. The Brawl remix also appeared in Ridley's reveal trailer, A Piercing Screech.
- "MusicSelectionOmegaPirate MusicSelectionPrime2 MusicSelectionRidley" are listed in the original data of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Multiplayer songs, despite Ridley's complete absence in the game.
- The Slench theme in Metroid Prime Hunters is similar to Vs. Ridley.
Little Birdie • Mystery Creature • Clone • Neo-Ridley
Fake Ridley • Ridley-2 • Ice Ridley
Ultrathermal Flamestrike Projector
Multi-Missile System • Phazon-enhanced armorskin
Vs. Meta Ridley/Meta Ridley • Omega Ridley