|Vesper Defense Outpost|
The space station VDO.
|Location||"Situated on the outer edge of Alimbic territory" Alimbic Cluster, Tetra Galaxy|
|Distinct features||"A toxic fuel leak has frozen over the station."|
Vesper Defense Outpost (also called the VDO) is a space station in Metroid Prime Hunters. It is the third or fourth place Samus visits, depending on whether she chooses to go to here or Arcterra after visiting Alinos.
Complete Map of the Vesper Defense Outpost: 
As scans of the computer console in front of the landing platform in the VDO Gateway (shown above) say, The Vesper Defense Outpost was an Alimbic munitions dump which was kept at sub-zero temperatures to prevent reactivating fusion-powered weapons systems. Other, more powerful weapons were held in places like the Fuel Stack in shielded antigravity suspension beams.
In the absence of the Alimbics, however, many of the VDO's containment units lost structural integrity, leading to a perpetual coating of frozen weapons fuel around the station. As with all Alimbic areas visited by Samus in the Alimbic Cluster during Metroid Prime: Hunters, it has a number of cybernetic security devices (listed above) to guard it in the Alimbics' absence, as well as aliens who have infested the VDO.
"This small base once operated as a refuelling station. It has been abandoned for a long time. A toxic fuel leak has frozen over the station."
- Alimbic Turret v1.4
- Psycho Bit v1.0
- Alimbic Turret v.2.7
- Voldrum (all types except Electro)
- Lesser Ithrak
- Psycho Bit v4.0
- Crash Pillar
In Greek mythology, Hesperus (Greek Ἓσπερος Hesperos) (Roman equivalent: Vesper cf. "evening", "supper", "evening star", "west"), the Evening Star is the son of the dawn goddess Eos (Roman equivalent: Aurora) and brother of Eosphorus (Ηωσφόρος Eosphoros "dawn-bearer"; also Φωσφόρος Phosphorus, Lucifer "light-bearer", Iubar), the Morning Star. Hesperus' father was Cephalus, a mortal, while Eosphoros' was the star god Astraios.
- The Vesper Defense Outpost has the most timed sequences of all the Alimbic territories.
- The Vesper Defense Outpost is the only Alimbic territory to not contain an Energy Tank. This may be due to the fact that the complex was a munitions dump and therefore only contains weapon expansions.
- The Vesper Defense Outpost is the only Alimbic territory to have two Alimbic Artifacts in the same room on two occasions.
- The second visit to the Vesper Defense Outpost contains no new main upgrades for Samus, whereas every other territory's second visit does offer them.
|Planets visited in the Metroid Series|
|Other locations visited in the Metroid Series|
|Space Stations in the Metroid Series|
|Note: Italicized stations were visited by Samus Aran.|
Underlined stations were destroyed.
|Metroid | Sidehopper Station|
|Celestial Archives | Vesper Defense Outpost | Oubliette | Head Shot | Outer Reach|
|Cosmos region A47|
|Biologic Space Laboratories research station|
|Ceres Space Colony | Junk Quixote | The Locker|