The Wallfire is an immobile sentry found on planet SR388 that is capable of projecting fireballs towards threats. They can be frozen with the Ice Beam. They are also capable of regenerating damage if no threats are nearby.
Wallfires reappear in Metroid: Samus Returns, and although they are immobile, their aim is more accurate. Most of these now produce flames like those of a flamethrower, and those that retain the fireball projectiles are able to launch them at an incredibly high rate, requiring Samus to use the Phase Drift in order to slow them down. Extremely durable variants are found in Area 2 and Area 7; they can only be destroyed with a Power Bomb blast or the Beam Burst which causes them to overheat and explode.
Metroid II manualEdit
- "A robotic, proximity detecting sentry mounted upon the walls."
- Inhabitants & Eco System of SR388 (p. 20)
- "Part of the Chozo security system, Wallfires are fire-spitting machines shaped in the form of Chozo heads. They’re stationary, but they can take a beating. They spit fireballs or lines of flame in fixed locations and at fixed intervals. They don’t have the ability to target hostiles, but they can certainly slow you down if left alone."
- Walkthrough (p. 71)
- BLACK WALLFIRE
- "SR388 is littered with defense systems left behind by the Chozo that once inhabited this place. Unfortunately, some of them, like these Black Wallfires, are impossible to destroy with your current gear.
Wallfires come in several varieties. This type breathes fire for a few seconds, stops, then resumes. There’s not much you can do to them except wait, but there’s also not much you need to do, given their simplistic attack patterns. Once the breath is clear, move forward."
- Walkthrough (p. 71)
- FLAME WALLFIRE
- "Unlike the Black Wallfires you encountered earlier, these can be destroyed with your current suite of weaponry. Six missiles destroy these things."
- Walkthrough (p. 95)
- FIREBALL WALLFIRE
- "On your way through this room, you encounter another facet of the Chozo’s security system: the Fireball Wallfire. Instead of spitting a stream of flame for a set amount of time, these enemies spit balls of fire continuously. Either time your movements to their fireballs, or destroy them outright. Thankfully, unlike the Black Wallfire, these security machines can be destroyed with a handful of missiles. Use this tactic whenever you encounter them."
- Walkthrough (p. 143)
- BLACK WALLFIRE
- "These green-accented Black Wallfires aren’t dramatically different from the ones you’ve encountered up to this point, except that they spit fire faster and you must use the Beam Burst to destroy them. Otherwise, it’s business as usual."
- The Golden Torizo found on Zebes occasionally releases spheres from its chest that hatch into flying bird heads greatly resembling Wallfires.
|Scanners||Scan Visor • Hand Scanner • Biohazard scanner • Award Scanner|
|Space Pirates||Aeromine • Crawlmine • Eye • Hover Bot • Jumpmine • Mining cannon • Ridley Robot|
|Galactic Federation||B.O.X. Security Robot • FG II-Graham • FG-1000 • Fuse Hint Scanbot|
|Chozo|| Autoad • Autom • Autrack • Databot • Diggernaut • Elysian • Floating object • Gunzoo • Helios • Proboscum • Robotsmall and Robotbig • Shirk • Steambot • Swarmbot (-G) • TPO |
Tinbot • Vaporwing • Wallfire • ZipNMEBomber
|Luminoth||Airthorn • Lightbringer • Lightflyer • Luminoth sentry pod • Mechlops • Mekenobite • Octopede • Rezbit • Sentreye (Corrupted)|
|Other|| Androids • Armored Bot • Artificial Intelligence • Cyborgs • Darkling • Drones • Golems • Guard Node • Kamer • RB133 Auricrusher • Reflec • Security Bot |
Shaktool • Statues • Turrets • Work Robot • Drones, Workers, Hunters and Guards • U-ton • Lucky Darts • Desert Phantom • Samus Tank • Integra