Warrior Ing are powerful foes, exercising fusion attacks, along with various kinetic offensives and transdimensional energy blasts. At close range, their razor-sharp limbs serve as weapons. They can change into their gaseous form (the "Black fog") at will, in order to possess other organisms. Warrior Ing are also able to transform into a liquid state, allowing them to traverse any surface with ease. When these "shadows" are struck with light energy, their moving speed will dramatically increase.
The emaciated, black-purple bodies of Warrior Ing bear the vaguest resemblance to a predatory animal, with five spider-like legs. Despite all of their limbs seemingly being razor-sharp, only the three front legs are commonly used for melee attacks. Their only visible sensory organ is a cluster of red and yellow particles which glow within a cavity on the upper-most region of their bodies; some artwork depict the cluster being contained within a glossy, pitch-black "eye".
Warrior Ing are often found in large numbers around rooms containing Sky Temple Keys. Warrior Ing live on Dark Aether and when a Light Beacon or Light Crystal is shot with the Annihilator Beam, they will be drawn to the fatal environment.
Eleven Warrior Ing attacked Samus in the Portal Site at the beginning of the game, with six of them stealing her upgrades and later using them against her in some shape or form: those that stole the Space Jump Boots and Boost Ball without possessing another creature later appeared as bosses and had been slightly mutated by the items; they were the Jump Guardian and Boost Guardian. The other four Warrior Ing ultimately ended up possessing creatures (an Alpha Sandigger, a Grenchler, a Pillbug and a Sporb, respectively). They were all killed by Samus later on.
- Portal Site
- Duelling Range
- Judgment Pit
- Save Station 1
- Dark Agon Temple
- Doomed Entry
- Oasis Access
- Feeding Pit
- Culling Chamber
- Hive Reactor
- Hive Dynamo Access
- Hive Gyro Access
- Reliquary Grounds
- Plain of Dark Worship
- Defiled Shrine
- Sky Temple Gateway (cutscene)
Morphology: Warrior Ing
The soldiers of the Ing Horde. Shapeshifting wallcrawler. Dangerous combatant in melee and at range. Dislikes bright light.
Warrior Ing are challenging foes. They can render themselves into amorphous puddles and move over most terrain, including walls. Warrior Ing's can turn their bodies into dangerous projectiles sheathed in dark energy. The tips of their legs are razor sharp, making them formidable in melee. Finally, Warrior Ing are capable of channelling transdimensional energy and firing it at their enemies. Their only real weakness is bright, pure light, which they hate and fear.
- Warrior Ing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - [Bite] Attack +10 (Yoshi, Wario, Pokémon Trainer, Wolf)
- The Warrior Ing were the first pure Ing that Samus encountered, and they were also the last: as Dark Aether was collapsing after collecting the last of Aether's planetary energy from the Sky Temple, several Warrior Ing attempted to stop her from reaching the only available portal. Samus Space Jumps over them and reaches the portal. When she returns to Light Aether, the legs of several Warrior Ing are seen trying to get through the portal. However, they don't get through in time and die with the dark world.
- Samus is known to have lost seven of her power-ups to the multitude of Warrior Ing that attacked her near the beginning of her mission on Aether. However, the one that took her Missile Launcher was seemingly never encountered, as Samus acquires another launcher through different means.
- The Dark Missile Trooper may lead to the assumption that it is possessed by the same Warrior Ing that stole Samus' original Missile Launcher at the beginning of the game, given that the Missile Expansion it drops has the same appearance as said Launcher. However, the Dark Missile Trooper's scan heavily implies that the soldier had the weapon prior to becoming a Darkling.
- If a Warrior Ing is damaged just before it begins to shift from liquid to solid form, the liquid will remain bright red throughout the transformation.
|Ruling caste||Emperor Ing|
|Battle forms||Warrior Ing • Hunter Ing • Boost Guardian • Jump Guardian • Ingstorm • Darkling Tentacle|
|Submissive||Darkling • Inglet • Ing Webtrap • Flying Ing Cache|
|Immobile||Bladepod • Ingsphere Cache • Ingworm Cache • Ingworm • Webling • Ingclaw|
|Misc||Black fog • Ing Horde • Ing Larva • Fusion attack • Transdimensional energy • Phaz-Ing|
|Species|| Alimbic • Boost Guardian • Chozo (Ghost) • Craftsmen • Dark Pirate Commando • Darkling • Darkling Tentacle • Gorea • Ing (Hunter, Emperor, Warrior) |
Ingsphere Cache • Kralee • Leviathan • Luminoth • Metroid Prime (Core essence) • Phantoon • Warp Hound • Phazon Metroid
|Gateways||Alimbic Cannon • Artifact Temple • Interdimensional void • Portal • Stronghold Portal • Wormhole|
|Alternate Dimensions||Dark Aether • Infinity Void • The Locker • Oubliette • Stronghold Void|
|Other||Black fog • Dark Visor • Darkburst • Multidimensional Stealth Warship • Transdimensional energy • Transdimensional flux|