This Manual of Style is a style guide that aims to make the wiki easy to read, write, and understand.
- Article names should be in singular form, not plural.
- The titles of articles about individual characters should be the name by which the character was most commonly known in the Metroid series.
- Unless the name of the article contains (or is) a proper noun, none of the words should be capitalized (except the first letter, which is capitalized automatically by the software), for example, if a "red magma crystal" is spelled as such in an official source, "magma" and "crystal" are not to be capitalized, but "red" should.
Names of games and similar pieces of media should always be in italics.
- Do not use incorrect links. For example, if you are linking to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, then use [[Metroid Prime 2: Echoes]], not [[Metroid Prime 2]]. In other words, do not use abbreviations for links.
Sections and headingsEdit
Use two equal signs (==) style markup for headings. Start with ==, add the heading title, then end with ==.
This section's heading was created with the markup:
==Sections and headings==
This subsection's heading was created with the markup:
- In a heading, capitalize only the first letter of the first word and the first letter of any proper nouns, and leave all of the other letters in lowercase.
- Avoid putting links in headings.
- Keep headings short.
If you are listing multiple things, like different earth runes, each of them should have a comma at the end. For example, "missiles, bombs, and super missiles" would be proper, while "missiles, bombs and super missiles" would not be.
- This section in a nutshell: Use right alignment, use a gallery if images are cluttered, use captions, and do not upload duplicate images.
- Right-alignment is preferred to left- or center-alignment.
- If there are too many images in a given article, consider making a gallery with a level one heading.
- Use captions to explain the relevance of the image to the article.
- Make large images a thumb.
- Specifying the size of a thumb image is recommended to the point so it doesn't collide with the article text.
Uploading Images Edit
- Please name your files descriptively to avoid confusion. Uploading an image with the name "0239235jgjgkdgdf" will be deleted.
- Do not upload images we already have. If you plan on uploading an image, look around Wikitroid first to see if it has already been uploaded by someone else.
- For further information, see the image policy.
Complete sentences in captions should always end in a period. If the caption is not a complete sentence, it generally should not have a period at the end. Captions should also not be italicized.
Numbered lists can be used for listing steps in a process.
- This section in a nutshell: Use wikilinks efficiently and sparingly.
- Every time an article is mentioned on the page, you don't have to link to every single one. For example, Samus Aran may be mentioned five times. You only have to link to Samus Aran once. You can link to articles more than once if the page is very long.
- Use efficient link formats, especially for plurals. For example, do [[Space Pirate]]s instead of [[Space Pirate|Space Pirates]].
- When including links in an article, there is no need to use capitalization or underscores, since the software produces them automatically.
Coloured font can be used sparingly, though not in very bright colours.
Articles should adhere to the POV policy.
|Wikitroid Policies and Guidelines|
|Policies|| About • Administrators • Assume Good Faith • AutoWikiBrowser CheckPage • Blocking policy • C&C Policy • Deletion policy • Images • Manual of Style |
No Personal Attacks • Only Revert Once • POV Policy • Protection policy • Requests for access • Requests for Comment • Sign your comments • Spoiler policy
Trusted • Unknown Name System Archive
|Guidelines||Stubs • Use Common Sense • You Are Valuable • Citations|